The Top 5 Tips For Women’s Formal Dressing
Are you the mother of the bride looking for that perfect dress, are you a wedding guest are you attending prom? Why not check out our top tips for formalwear dressing.
- Dress for your body. Don’t follow the season.s trends of what you think you should be wearing. Find the silhouettes that suit you best and build your look from there. If you really want to make sure it fits perfectly, why not commission a bespoke piece. But don’t be afraid to go against the grain: Kate Moss has such accomplished evening-wear style and that’s because she isn’t afraid to break a few rules. There is a delicate nuance between appropriate dressing and bland conformity, and she has it nailed.
2) When it comes to colour, black, navy and the right red are your forever staples. Jewel tones are a lovely option if you are wanting something a little less classic. If you’re feeling more daring experiment with vivid citrus tones or pastels. Alternatively add splashes of colour to a neutral outfit in the form of handbags, jewellery, and shoes if you want to play it safe.
3) Shoes should always complement your dress, and a simple dress calls for more vivid and decorative footwear, just as a sequined or heavily beaded gown should be paired with a classic pair of sexy heels. And even though towering heels make you look like a super model, please perfect the art of walking in them first. Platforms are to be avoided, particularly if your skirt falls above your knee. Don’t forget chic, comfortable ballet flats for the end of the night.
4) Accessories bring the entire look together. This season is all about the witty, playful statement clutch, from Chanel’s plexi-glass box styles or cool knuckleduster clutch, in the style of Alexander McQueen, will double as both your bag and jewelry. No cocktail rings required! But it doesn’t always have to cost the earth, trawling through markets and vintage shop can produce some fantastic finds.
5) Make sure you invest in the essentials: neutral underwear, a good bra and smoothing underwear can make all the difference to your dress. The perfect outfit can transform your mood and confidence.
Was that helpful? Is there anything else you would add? Are you going to attend a wedding, prom or become mother of the bride/ groom and are based in the Manchester area? Why not commission an exclusive made to measure, bespoke piece?
Contact Tallulah Tennant for a free consultation.